Sunday, August 11, 2013

First Week Back- Success!

The kids had their first days back at school. I now have a 3rd and 5th grader. We had a very smooth first week, despite having no kitchen and having to use all paper products! I just keep reminding myself that it is temporary…

Blaine -5th grade, Aislin- 3rd grade
I am working out of two elementary schools this year which is going to be great. One of my schools I’ve had for several years now and the other I had last year. Last school year I had three elementary schools and it was hectic to say the least, especially when in March Blaine was diagnosed.

This year I have two schools and I was able to pick up where I left off in May. I’m feeling very organized (at school, not home: no kitchen!) and ready to tackle this school year.

Aislin has Blaine’s 3rd grade teacher, which she and I were both thrilled about, and Blaine seems to really like all three of his teachers this year. There is a new school nurse who has been awesome. She was a pediatric nurse prior and her communication with us has been excellent. The fact that she was so willing to jump on BlueLoop through www.mycareconnect.com was a hint that she would be on top of things.

Aislin’s cheer practice started this week and Blaine had his first tennis clinic. We are getting a feel for the rhythm this school year will bring. I’m hoping it’s a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment