Sunday, April 7, 2013

"I'm jealous of that"

The kids and I headed into Kroger to grab a few items for dinner. As is customary, they both requested something at the checkout. We were all in great moods heading into spring break, so I said sure. Aislin grabbed a pack of Mentos (which she still refers to as Men-toasts) and Blaine bought some gum that had 1 carb per piece. We were in the car driving home when Blaine requested a men-toast from Aislin. He had eaten 2 pieces before letting me know that the carb count was not listed on the package. I can’t remember what Aislin said, but I do remember Blaine’s reply to her.

He told Aislin, “That’s because your pancreas works. Mine doesn’t, and I’m jealous of that.”
I hate it for him, so much so that I still want to scream, and jump up and down, and yell that it’s not fair!
But, screaming will not help anything. So we just keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment